Om Ali ingredients:
- 1 pkt roqaq* OR 112 kg gullash**
- 1 cup mixed nuts (S.I)
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or fresh cream
- 2 cups rich, well-sweetened milk
Om Ali preparation:
Dry the roqaq or gullash, 1-2 sheets at a time, for 1-2 minutes in a hot oven, enough to make them dry and crisp.
Crush with fingers and place in a lightly greased oven dish.
Mix the nuts and coconut and scatter on top.
Warm the sweetened milk and pour over the dessert.
Dab with butter or cream and place in moderately hot oven till top is browned.
* Roqaq: Type of cracker-bread sold in round packets of 300g. at grocers.
** Gullash: Fresh soft paper-thin pastry sheets, sold in bakeries