Who we are
The Khalifa Family
The Egyptian-Dutch couple Hamada and Karin Khalifa have known the tourist industry for years.
With the “Nile Valley Hotel and Restaurant ” They have accomplished their dream. They created a place where dreams also come true for others.
However, the road that led to the realisation of this dream was not an easy one. It took many years before they could realise their dream.
Realising their dream has also paid off for the many, annually returning, guests! The sincere involvement of the Khalifa family has made sure that one does not even think about going to another hotel.
Meanwhile, another dream of Hamada and Karin has also become a reality:
Hamada and Karin are now blessed with their two daughters, Nadia and Jasmin and their son Amir.
We will live up to
Constantly working on improving our hotel and our service. Our guests expect that from us and we want to fulfil this promise.
focused on the future
Also in the bad times that Egypt has known in recent years, we look to the future. What would we want to see back in the Nile Valley and what do our guests want to see? Exactly that is what we always work on.
If our guests are happy, then we are too! Input from our guests is taken to heart and, as soon as possible, implemented.
Everything you want to know about our hotel
Facts and Figures
The Hotel is located In the village of El Bairat El Gezira, at the beginning of the main road, about 80 meters from the bank of the Nile at two minutes walk (left) from the arrival point of the public ferry.
- 30 rooms, divided into single, double, triple room, suites, 2 family rooms and one mini penthouse, all equipped with shower/bath and W.C., air conditioner, Tv set with (satellite connection), equipped with a fridge.
- Cot on request
- 2 Family rooms with 2 bedrooms (1 with 2 beds and 1 with double bed) both rooms are equipped with air conditioning and television, bathroom with shower/bath and toilet, fridge provided,
- Prices are based on bed and breakfast, half board on request.
- Laundry and ironing services are provided,
- On request, you can be transferred to Luxor City or Karnak by motorboat.
- Pick-up service from Luxor station or airport.
- Restaurant on the roof terrace “The Roof Garden” with View on the Nile and Luxor Temple.
- A baby chair is available upon request.
Food and drink
- International and Egyptian dishes,
- A la carte,
- Daily menu, everything always freshly prepared
- Buffet (cold or hot) on request,
- A festive evening with Oriental live music, Sufi dance and buffet is organized regularly on the roof terrace,
- Special meals can be prepared for diabetics and vegetarians.
- All kinds of soft drinks, including the specialty of the house, the “Chocmoc”,
- Local beers and wines are available throughout the year.
- Opening hours from 07.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. (Breakfast) and 11.00h a.m. to 23.00h (restaurant)
- Bar can stay open longer).
- On request, camel rides, donkey rides, bike rides, horseback riding tours or boat trips can be organized.
- Extensive excursions throughout the country are also possible.
- We can organize private parties for birthdays, weddings or anniversaries with Oriental music and dance.
- Lunches and dinners for groups are among the possibilities and also music and entertainment for larger arrangements.
Management and languages:
- Dutch-Egyptian management.
- Karin and Hamada speak Dutch, English, French and German.
- Our well trained and friendly staff speak English.
Contact and Bookings:
- Phone: 0020(0) 102 161 00 02
- Mobile: 0020(0) 109 900 77 07 (also for WhatsApp)
- e-mail: email@example.com
Contact and bookings are also possible via the various contact forms on our website. You can find them here.
Our Location and Contact Details
All amenities of our Hotel
Depending on the accommodation policies, additional persons may incur a surcharge.
Upon check-in, you must provide a valid ID for incidental charges.
Special requests can be granted upon check-in if possible. This may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that cultural standards and guest policies may vary per country and property. The policy rules given are provided by the property.
Please contact us in advance to reserve a crib or rollaway bed. Please contact us using the contact details provided in the booking confirmation or via our contact form.
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Table tennis table
Available in several common areas: free WiFi
For a small extra charge we can also offer you fast Internet with your own 4G modem on loan; Also for use outside the hotel!
- Balcony or terrace
- Daily housekeeping Service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hairdryer (on request)
- Bath and / or shower
- Satellite TV channels
- Flat screen TV
- 24-hour room service
- Check-in from 14.00 hours
- Check-in until 23.00 hours (please tell us beforehand if you plan to check in after 23.00h)
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
- A 24-hour airport shuttle service is available. A surcharges is applicable.
- For more information, please contact us in advance using the contact form.
Check-out before 11.00 hours
Early check-in or late check-out is possible for a fee