A Metropolis! Three days certainly are not enough to see everything and to process all the impressions that this metropolis will impose upon you.
We have selected some of the best highlights for you.
Over de trip
Depending on the number of participants you make this excursion in a taxi, minibus or a so-called “Coaster “, all with air conditioning. In any case, you always make the trip with your own private driver and guide, because large impersonal groups are not “Our thing “.
The price for this excursion depends on the number of participants and the rates prevailing at that time in Egypt. The price applicable to your company can be requested via the application form at the bottom of this page.
This excursion includes:
- Transport by train or plane to Cairo,
- Transfer to and from the station/airport in Luxor and Cairo,
- Transport with your own driver in an air-conditioned Taxi/van or Coaster,
- Your (3-star) hotel accommodation in Cairo, based on Bed & Breakfast,
- Lunch on the second day.
- The entrance fees (as they change regularly)
- Drink during the trip,
- Tips for the driver (and possibly guide),
Personal expenses (such as souvenirs, etc.)
- Other dinners and lunches.
- An English, German or French-speaking guide,
- A lunchbox.
The first day:
On day one you depart with the first train or morning flight to Cairo. The train journey takes about 9 hours; the flight 1 hour (plus 1.5 hours before the flight, present at the airport).
Once you arrive in Cairo you will be picked up from the station/airport by our agent on site and taken to your hotel in the heart of Cairo.
You can fill in the rest of the day: chilling out in the hotel and possibly taking some impressions of Cairo or a guide.
The second day:
- The first stop is the so-called “stepped Pyramid” of Pharaoh Djoser in Sakkara. You will spend about 1 hour here.
- Then to Memphis, the part of Cairo, which has been the capital of Pharaonic Egypt for a long time. You will visit the remains of this old town and a nice little museum. You are here about 1 hour.
- On the way back to Cairo we stop for lunch. This also gives you the opportunity to get to process the impressions you have experienced between the gigantic monuments. Take your time and make sure you get enough energy for the next step.
- The third stop is the Gizeh Plateau planned, with the three great pyramids and the Sphinx. You will spend about two hours here; How depending on the crowds on the Gizah plateau.
- After a tour of your guide to selected spots in Cairo, you will be taken to your hotel, where you can relax and unwind from the impressions and fatigue of the trip to Cairo and the visits you can rinse off.
- The evening proh=gram is up to you. Consult with your guide or with the owner of your hotel, where you can eat the best and/or what you can do in the evening if you are still up for that. The working day of your guide ends at 17.00 hrs (excl. The Ramadan period, then it is generally stopped by sunset). By this time, he will drop you back at your hotel and make the appointment for the next day with you.
The third day:
The Egyptian Museum. You would be able to spend the whole afternoon here and maybe you want to do this. However, it seems to me wiser that you, in consultation with your guide, make a choice of the many possibilities, which carry through the most diverse pieces of history of Egypt. Our proposal is 18th through the 21st dynasty; The treasures of Tutankhamun and the King mummies. Further exhibits can be discussed with your guide, if desired.
After lunch we go ahead in time and visit the cradle of Islam; The Citadel, where you visit the mosque of Mohammed Ali; Probably the most beautiful mosque in all of Egypt. The second visit is the mosque of Sultan Hassan. After that, it’s up to your guide to show you some other highlights of Islamic Cairo.
After the visit to the citadel you will be brought back to your hotel to refresh yourself a bit and to pick up your suitcase or travel bag. Your driver will then take you to the station/airport, after which the night train/evening flight will take you back to Luxor around 10.30. You arrive by plane at 11.30 PM on and by train around 07.30 AM the next morning in Luxor. Our hotel driver will pick you up and take you back to your hotel.